The benefits of preventative dental treatment
For some of us, going to the dentist doesn’t rank too highly on our list of favourite things to do. Whether it’s a phobia or concerns about the cost of treatment, some people put off visiting until there’s a major problem that can’t be ignored. But regular visits to our dentist and hygienist can make a big difference – not only to our health, but to our bank balance.
We looked back at our dental claims for 2018 and 2019, and found on average, people who had both preventative and restorative treatment spent around £325. But those who only opted for restorative treatment spent £530 – more than £200 extra. It’s pretty clear that putting off treatment really doesn’t help. Instead it leads to more money, and more problems – potentially even needing time away from work.
Providing Dental Insurance through Benni can ensure employees can get the treatment they need, when they need it.
Why choose Dental Insurance?
Dental Insurance provides cover towards the cost of routine dental check-ups for employees and their families*, and reassurance if they need more treatment or procedures.
For employers, it can help reduce absence by nipping small issues in the bud before they become bigger issues causing, pain, discomfort and time away from work. It’s also a benefit that people use and value – regardless of age or seniority – allowing employees to claim for insured treatments immediately from the start of the policy.
What does the policy include?
• Visit any dentist of their choice – NHS or private
• Worldwide cover for dental treatment
• Cover for pre-existing conditions (excluding mouth cancer)
• Reimbursement for implants up to the policy limits
• Complete family cover – partners and children can be added to their plan*
• Emergency cover including overnight hospital stays**
• 100% reimbursement on NHS treatments
• Choose from three cover levels to best suit employees’ needs
Cover levels, annual limits and exclusions apply.
*At an additional cost; children covered up to 18th birthday (or 21st birthday if they are in full time education)
Employers and employees alike can also get access to a range of support tools and resources from Benni, Unum (our parent company) and from some expert external sources. Just some examples include:
• Handy tips about good (and bad) snacks
• Information and resources about improving oral health
• Unum Dental’s 'You know the drill' infographic on healthy teeth
• The Oral Health Foundation's article on the increase in snacking since lockdown
To find out more about Dental Insurance, visit www.benni.co.uk/dental-insurance
Dental Insurance with Benni is provided by Unum Dental, part of our parent company , Unum.
Please note, Benni is not responsible for the content of any third-party websites referenced.